Thursday, December 16, 2004

Blogging 101

This blogging thing really becomes interesting. My goodness, I am on my way to a real geek. After the fabulous fuggin it up, I now found Disturbing Research Requests, another great idea. I am also coercively checking my own referrer logs, but nothing as interesting there. On my professional site, it's straightforward searches for "frame analysis" or "content analysis". Duh! That's what I work on. On my miniature private site it is equally unspectcular, if less predictable: "Jasmin Tabatabei" is at least a string on my site, but "Jens Kiefer"?? Never heard.

It's more interesting to check, who shares my favorite movies and music. This should improve my taste. Good thing: Almost no Germans in the references, that means I did somewhat shed my national bias. Bad thing: Too many male East Midlanders in their 40s (screw you, Stranglers), too many Icelandic fruitcakes (strangely enough not because of 101 Rejkavik, which returns a teenager from Belgium and a comprofessional from Alborg, but through Moloko and the Frank Zappa). Too many teenagers, 30+ nostalgics,and Scandinavians, altogether. A scary fan of the Kansas City Chiefs (Go, Chargers!): Thanks for nothing, Zappa. Definitely on the cool side: Smoke City: Brazilians and French and someone from Hong Kong, all in their late 20s: There is some hope for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home